Subject: Reaction totThe truth about Ali & Sydnes!
From: [email-masked] (Magnus Thelander)
Date: Tue, 17 May 94 01:05:00 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.misc

DH> I can tell you that his efforts in Engineering led directly to the
 DH> demise of Commodore.  Before Ali brought in Sydnes, things were running
 DH> very smoothly toward a release of AA systems in the spring of 1992,
 DH> including the A1000+ ($1000 32-bit AA system) and A3000+ (an A3000
 DH> update with AA, DSP3210, and MC68040).  There was an ultra low end A300
 DH> (low cost sub-A500), planned to complement the line, not replace the
 DH> A500.  After Sydnes, who has hand picked by Ali despite his total lack
 DH> of any qualifications for the position, was had AA purposely delayed by
 DH> 6 month, the A4000 with its IDE bus rather than the A3000+, etc.  This
 DH> delay caused the big financial woes of 1993, since there weren't enough
 DH> AA systems ready (you can't ramp up that fast, especially when chips
 DH> like Lisa, Bridgette, Gayle, etc are made outside of Commodore and need
 DH> to be ordered well in advance, which they weren't).  No one wanted the
 DH> A600 (which we likened to the Amiga version of the PLUS/4 -- so wrong
 DH> the engineers knew it), but it was forced out in place of the A500, and
 DH> the A500 cancelled.  Ali did this.  And the A600 cost MORE than the
 DH> A500, let us not forget. Sydnes wasted time building what we called the
 DH> A1000jr (important symbolism here -- Sydnes was the PCjr guy at IBM), an
 DH> ECS based slighly scaled down A3000.  This one was so wrong no country
 DH> would order any.

   Argh! This pisses me off so much I could kill Ali & Sydnes!